Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Graphics Card: S3 Graphics has released a GPU Chrome 500 with support for OpenGL 3.0 and multichannel audio
Company S3 Graphics introduced a new generation of graphics processor that has received the designation Chrome 500. For the dignity of the new GPU developer includes support for playback of recordings on disc Blu-ray and HD-streaming video applications DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.0 on the platforms, Microsoft Windows and Linux.
Chrome-oriented processors 500 hours of video playback stresses support for 8-channel audio (Dolby 7.1 and HD Audio) in fixed transmitter HDMI. Programmable Shader units allow the use of Chrome 500 as GPGPU.
Key features Chrome 500:
* Supported API - Microsoft DirectX 10.1, Shader Model 4.1, OpenGL 2.1/3.0;
* Memory Interface - 64-bit, support memory AcceleRAM;
* Video «engine» ChromotionHD 2.0; hardware acceleration decoding video formats
H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2;
* Support for the encryption algorithm AES 128;
* Interface - DisplayPort (with HDCP), Dual-Link DVI and HDMI (with HDCP);
* Technology to Save Energy PowerWise.
The first product in a series of Chrome 500 was the 3D-map Chrome 530 GT, sales of which have already begun. Map ports equipped with DVI-I and HDMI with support for HDCP. Its power consumption does not exceed 25 Watts. Combined with the availability of hardware acceleration of high-definition video playback, it makes the Chrome 530 GT attractive choice for HTPC.
Price Chrome 530 GT, as indicated by the manufacturer, is $ 44.95.
Source: S3 Graphics